My Resume and an Overview of How I work
What I do
I’m a Growth and Product professional with a background in Electronics Engineering. I have 12+ years of experience across industries and business models.
On the side, I’ve been podcasting and angel investing in early-stage companies.
The most updated version of my full resume can be seen on LinkedIn.
Below is a selection of companies I worked for/with in recent years.
CitizenShipper (May 2020 – Present)
Responsible for managing the growth levers in a US-based two-sided transportation marketplace.
- Leading SEO initiatives of the company and building a team to achieve SEO goals.
- Built and iterated on in-app onboarding flows that generated a 15% lift on activation rates of the supply side and a 10% lift on activation rates of the demand side.
Had been interviewed by the onboarding vendor about the success story. 👇
- Built a referral program by myself, using the company’s existing no-code and low-code tools.
The presentation I’ve made to a group of digital growth professionals can be seen here.
- Initiated email retargeting programs that generated more than 5% of total revenue.
- Acting as the Product Manager of all marketing web properties
- Constantly implementing ways to better measure and improve user retention and hence LTV.
- Had been interviewed (the page is translated from Turkish) for a digital marketing strategy guide for 2022.
- Had been interviewed about our team and how I manage my team as a remote team leader. I was also interviewed about our company culture and how our hiring process works. It had a positive brand lift effect for CitizenShipper as a remote-only employer.
Growth Advisor, Guul Games (Feb 2022 – Present)
I’m helping the co-founders on tackling getting their first users and starting to build Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR).
Growth & Product Advisor, UserGuiding (May 2020 – Aug 2020)
I helped growth and product teams to build frameworks and best practices around scalability and impact.
- The product manager of the company and I joined (the page is translated from Turkish) Turkey’s most popular product management podcast about our work.
Digital Marketing Manager, CarHopper (Sep 2016 – Jul 2019)
Was in charge of traffic acquisition & conversion rate optimization efforts of CarHopper car rental app, which raised its seed funding from $500K to $1.5M in 2017, and exited to Turo in March 2020.
Technical Product Manager, Aselsan (Aug 2019 — May 2020)
Contributed to product management of video management system (VMS) solutions.
I cannot mention the projects here because of confidentiality.
Picus Security (Jul 2017 – Jul 2018)
Product Marketing Manager (Jan 2018 – Jul 2018)
Was in charge of marketing operations and acted as product manager of the company website.
- Managed the process of moving up the company from B2B Marketing Maturity Level 0 to Level 1, i.e., from survival to enabling sales over 9 marketing functions.
Product Manager (Jul 2017 – Jul 2018)
Hired as the first product manager of the company.
- Managed the entire development cycle & release process of 5 major features.
- Managed the selection & implementation of an on-premises product analytics platform.
Digital Marketing and Analytics Specialist, Onedio (Apr 2015 – Jul 2017)
Specialized in analytics & growth efforts of Onedio, the fastest growing online media website in Turkey, expanding to Russian and English, with 30M monthly unique visitors, 22M of which are on mobile.
- Led SEO efforts: increased monthly organic search traffic by 150%.
The case study we made with the SEO agency can be seen here.
- Developed A/B testing processes for Facebook ads: decreased Cost Per Click by 40%.
Digital Marketing and Analytics Analyst, Nokta Media (Aug 2013 – Apr 2017)
Specialized in product development & growth efforts of İzlesene, the biggest video-sharing website after YouTube in Turkey, with 200M+ monthly video views. Led software projects using Kanban with the guidance of the product manager.
I’ve been interviewed for my work here.
- Co-led increasing Internal Search CTR by 5% points & Recommended Videos’ CTR up to 2x through improving algorithms’ performance by A/B testing different scenarios.
- Led SEO efforts: followed the best practices and came up with ideas to compete with YouTube.
- Collaborated with developers by writing product specifications and conducting release reviews.
Side Projects and Volunteering
Angel Investor (Mar 2020 – Present)
Investing in series A or earlier stage startups. So far invested in these startups:
Podcaster (Jan 2018 – Present)
Started and involved in these podcasts:
- Çağrı Sarıgöz Podcast (Jan 2018 – Present): My podcast (in Turkish) on entrepreneurship, tech, and careers.
- Sıfırdan Globale (Jun 2019 – Present): Started as a business podcast, transitioning into a social enterprise.
- Journey to Scale: My new podcast on entrepreneurs and professionals on their way to scale their impact.
- Satır Arası (Jan 2018 – May 2020): A podcast (in Turkish) where my friends and I read and talked about more than 30 books.
Mentor, YFYI (Jan 2018 – Jan 2019)
I mentored early-stage startups at New Businesses New Ideas (YFYİ), Turkey’s first and largest technology-based entrepreneurship acceleration program, organized by ODTÜ TEKNOKENT since 2005.
Even though I stopped mentoring, I’m still in close contact with the program management team. Recently I gave a lecture titled Introduction to Growth Marketing to the new cohort of entrepreneurs in the program.
I worked with Çağrı on online video platform project over 2 years. Çağrı is an excellent team player, invaluable asset to a project team and contributes significantly to the project’s success and growth using analytics datas with his enthusiasm, dedication. He constantly brings new ideas to the table and always lends a hand when others…
Cagri and I have worked together in many projects during our study in METU Engineering Management program. He is a very brilliant, creative and hardworking person. I was really impressed with his problem solving skills and his dedication to work. I am very glad to have known him he is also a valuable friend. I…
Cagri Sarigoz was my mentor in Nokta. He has advanced analytical intelligence and teamwork skills with his gentle and adaptable personality. He encourages his team members to accomplish their tasks without burdening and putting them under pressure. He is completely master of his domain and a true individual learner who loves detailed research.
I worked with Cagri longer than one year on production of electro optic systems at Aselsan. He is focused and dedicated to produce his best using creative methods to solve problems. He has shown that; he is able to deal with uncertainty using analytic data, he predicts possible problems and quickly responds to keep produciton…
I had a chance to work with Cagri during hobiyo.com launch. He was a great help in establishing our SEO and Analytics efforts. Along with his deep subject matter expertise, he is on top of every product management related trends. I highly recommend him as these are instrumental in every product team’s success!
Cagri is a very hardworking and highly analytical professional. He is very data focused and goes above and beyond to deliver the absolute best results in a timely manner. His knowledge in Google Analytics, Adwords, and Mixpanel helped us understand user and platform behavior. I highly recommend him to any organization.
I have worked with Çağrı as him being my product manager. His organizational skills, and precise knowledge on what has to be done, even on unknown territory, have guided us through each goal. I would highly recommend him for such a role without a moment’s hesitation.
I’ve had the opportunity to work with Cagri for about one year, six months of it on the same team where he was the product owner. I’ve seen firsthand that he’s very hardworking, detail oriented, willing to go the extra mile. He’s an excellent communicator, a team player and cares a lot about the customer.…
It’s rare that you come across with a colleague like Çağrı talking the same language with us, designers. I’ve worked with Çağrı for 10 months. He was the product owner of another team, but I learned a lot from him thanks to some side projects and daily moments in the office. I’m amazed by his…
I’ve worked with Çağrı for about one year as him being my product owner and product marketing manager. He has a great work responsibility. I am very impressed by his management and communication skills as well as his intelligence in digital marketing. Besides being a highly skilled product manager, he is a good-humored and supportive…
Cagri is the guy who’ll always find solutions. He will always advise if you ask for his opinion and come up with plans and strategies. I’m happy to work with Cagri and I’m grateful for having him as a teammate.